1.3
Coverage Area
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design

One day I had over 1,500 upvotes, the next I had none and my upvote counter was missing. My upvote counter was missing for weeks, so I tried to contact Disqus, apparently the only way you can, with a public discussion post, and they just shut me down with BS.

They just repeated the crap in their ridiculously unhelpful "help section" and then made a mockery of my situation, claiming that I was being hysterical and that the simple explanation they gave me explains why this happened...except it didn't. You can't tell me that over 1,000 accounts were closed simultaneously, and besides, that doesn't answer everything, like why was my upvote counter missing for so long? I was getting a lot more upvotes during the period that my upvote counter was missing...what happened to all those votes? Their explanations were straight BS.

Somebody either breached my account or Disqus personnel changed things, and because they don't have a direct customer service contact method I will never get answers to my questions. I closed my account with them immediately after being ridiculed by moderators who either were complicit or dumb as a box of rocks. I want to sue them but I don't know how. I used to enjoy making comments on news stories, it was a beloved activity in my life to challenge trolls and bullies and not allow ridiculous people on terribly biased websites the loudest voices.

I enjoyed the back and forth banter and it was a soul healing activity that has now been taken from me. My disqus reputation ruined and nobody wanted to fix it...its like it was intentional to get me to quit. Disgusting. I spent quite a bit of time making my name known in the disqus community, only to have my account breached and then be ignored and painted as hysterical for being angry at the lack of a legitimate explanation.

They still have not provided me a legitimate explanation or an apology or anything. Disqus has no direct contact. That should be illegal. They should be held accountable, not just for allowing thede things to happen, but for also enabling the millions of racists and hateful people to spread their hate and lies and then condemning brave anti-bullies like me.

Its just nonsensical. I've had enough.

Product or Service Mentioned: Disqus Website.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments