Coverage Area
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design

My comment was in regard to Whitney Thore, the star of My Big Fat Fabulous Life and it was made on the TLC website. I pointed out that the first season of the show, I found to be a wonderful motivational show for obese people. As a PTA member, I and many others applauded the dynamics of health, diet, exercise and the balance of all three, that the show emphasized. Also, the encouragement to keep focus upon the goal and to recognize their effort made them special.

The second season was almost a complete reversal of the valuable aspects of the first season. Whitney had gained 150 pounds, repeated made the statement, "I like being fat," became militantly vocal about the bad people that tried to make them lose weight and she refused to follow any type of diet, weigh herself or even listen to someone voice an opinion about obesity. She and her roommate, Buddy, stalked a comic who had made comments about obese people and she and he, barked out insults, demands and ending with Buddy calling the girl a ***. All of this took place at a restaurant with outdoor sitting. The comic never raised her voice, nor called them names. She simply stuck to her opinion that being obese was unhealthy and those that had the problem did not have a good future ahead of them. Consequently, myself and the other PTA members were concerned about the effect upon our young people, so added the show to our parental control list.

Another performer on the show responded to my comment by calling me names, such as, homophobe (!), which was a shock, as I did not say anything about the *** community, a Trumpster, ignorant hag, brain dead and a few more. A couple of days later, when I reviewed the reply, I discovered that a complaint had been filed by him and that I had been banned across all Disqus sites. I was astounded. His comment had not received any sort of penalty action. I decided I did not want anything to do with Disqus or any website that allowed them to moderate their comments.

This reviewer shared experience about "censorship and prejudice" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). Antonia1953 is overall dissatisfied with Disqus. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Disqus.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Media category for more informed decision or compare Disqus to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Disqus?

Comments

Montclair, New Jersey, United States #1237832

What a sad and pathetic life you must have to go a message board to complain about a message board not letting you rant.

Please not reproduce.

to Anonymous Crystal Springs, Mississippi, United States #1238127

No rant..just voicing an opinion. I consider your nasty comment to be more of an unbalanced and irrational rant.

Antonia1953
to Anonymous Crystal Springs, Mississippi, United States #1238166

Thank you. Clearly, this person has followed me from Disqus. I hope this is a warning for others.